Earth Day is right around the corner and I’m very excited to start focusing on “going green!” with my kindergartners.
To review math, the students will be practicing with this recycling addition and subtraction sort during our literacy and math centers. This center is part of my Earth Day Unit (found here). This center uses basic operations in addition and subtraction with products equaling 0-5.
Directions for center:
Print, cut, and laminate the addition and subtraction recyclables. Have students sort the recyclables by their answers.
This center includes:
- 24 addition cards on glass, plastic, tin can, and milk carton recyclables.
- 24 subtraction cards on glass, plastic, tin can, and milk carton recyclables.
- 6 recycling bins with numbers 0-5 on them.
t Common Core Tags
Common Core “I Can Statements”
- I can add and subtract within the number 5
- I can represent basic operations through adding and subtracting
- I can represent addition and subtraction through sorts